Misguided

random and wanton

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Sometimes,I'm amazed at the amount of stuff I have hidden away in the dark caverns that make up my memory...While chatting with Julia,I experienced something I seldom feel. It was innocence.
Its been awhile since I totally opened up to someone...well..it wasn't opening up,it was more like confessing...admitting deep feelings that had gripped me ages ago. Finding someone with whom I shared childhood moments with is such an exhilarating experience. Reminiscing,guiding each other, the memories popping out of hiding,glorious and unabashed...Like chocolate surprises in a novelty candy box,I could never truly get enough,and neither could she..on and on we went-unwrapping each other...one revelation leading to another.
Emotions fluctuating...surprise and delight gleefully playing with their seldom seen cousins -anticipation and regret.Strangly, it was the childlike mood swirling around us that captured my attention and my mind was alight with echoes of childish laughter,sweetened by the nostalgic treats proffered to me. I too seldom come across that feeling of omnipotence,that only a child can possess...and experiencing it again,albeit for a short time space was a wonder indeed. But time,didn't matter at that moment...or did it? The tight cocoon of new found familiarity was ultimately disrupted...alas,a tribute to reality...the reality of NEPA. "but it was worth it" . I couldn't have put it better.It was perfect...Thank you =)