Misguided

random and wanton

Thursday, January 01, 2004

Glazed eyes,heaving chests....the sweat snaked down my face,somehow managing to bypass my dreadlocks,and having done so,stung my eyes into a semblance of sanity.
At that very instant I was flung back into reality...the disco lights...the screaming,prespirating masses heaving against me like the death throes of the chickens I used to slaughter for special events,years ago...
I caught a wiff of the cheap perfume permeating my senses,and realized that I wasn't alone...clinging to me was another...I looked at her...Indian...probably South Indian, and possibly thrilled to have a dance partner in a dancehall,that was unbelievably cruel to females without one...
"15 seconds to New Year!!!!" My brand new diesel shoes never expected a breaking-in of this caliber...my foot movements were as erratic as the contraction of my spaced out retinas..."3,2,1.." bullet time...champange shoved in my face by little miss india...bubbly and alien in a system temporarily under siege by the legions of E&J brandy,but nevertheless,incredibly sweet....
Blurs of faces materializing infront of me handshakes and uneccesary and unfelt hugs...a plethora of orchestrated hugs,followed up by the obligatory kiss-to-the-cheek-a gesture that I hold dear.But the present assault on it,went unnoticed by this staggering hero.
Different dance floors...Graham's catered for all characters...after the booty shaking and boob squeezing demanded from the R&B floor,it was on to the "typical white folks" arena,as I like to call it,with a bottle of champange that Bryan had managed to "acquire" from an unobservant waitress...
So that was exactly how I left...bubbly and gaseous,breath undescribably pungent...
The night of the 31st was a long one,and little did I know that my adventures were far from over...fights between sri Lankans and bengalis...a run in with possibly the hottest girl in the club...
Nevertheless, as my head hit my saliva-encrusted pillow,headache lulling me to a slow painful oblivion,I was glad that the whole year of 2003 had perfectly manifested itself in one night out. 'Tis a strange world we dwell in indeed"
Happy New Year