Misguided

random and wanton

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Castles In The Air

Sometimes, we yearn hopelessly for what we can't have. We pine away,withering physically and emotionally as our mind takes us on flights of fancy that transcend the borders of foolery.High up in our already doomed utopia,we build dreams...great towers,topped off by fantastic spinarets,looming castles built upon the foundations of our delicate emotions.Oft,none sees our beautiful creations but us.And we,the architects of such grand designs,live in these colossal buildings alone,revelling in the beauty of our creations.
But eventually,we feel the tremble of the ground-the dreaded enemy approaches!!Reality gallops towards us...battering rams rip into our gates...they fall to pieces like the cheap constructions they are. We flee to our bed chamber,fuming and screaming our wrath to the world-why?/Why??!! Everytime we build a castle,reality destroys it,and even now,he stands towering high above me,sword tip at my throat..a tricke of blood runs down my neck,gathering momentum as my veins gyrate with excess adrenaline beneath its rich red trail.
He offers me a truce,which I know all to well. "Live in reality,or I will put head on a pike for all to see-a lesson to all the utopians".As usual,I agree-pitiful and shameful,but deep in my dark heart unrepentance broods,like the a Titan locked beneath a fiery Hades.
We will rise again to build our great palaces. Candy soft strongholds of our infatuations.Some will eventually tire,and live in reality-some will have their eyes plucked out and vermin masticate their brains,as their heads rot on long retributal pikes.
But the ruins of the Castles still stand.

Castles in the air