Misguided

random and wanton

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Jacked Up
by MephisLee

Its 6:10 pm and I'm on the way to dinner at a friends place with two friends X from Taiwan, and Y from Indonesia. I forget the topic of our conversation, but all of a sudden, I'm jolted from my thoughts of how screwed up the weather in Wichita is by X proclaiming " I'm Caucasian, didn't u know?" At first I thought this was some attempt at a joke gone terribly wrong,but when I glanced at X ,I was surprised to see a look of grim determination. She was braced to defend this fact, the way Jehovah's Witnesses defend whatever is written in their annoying little pamphlets. Here's how it went:

MephisLee: "X!! You've got to be fucking kidding me! Your so Chinese I could blindfold you with dental floss!"

X:(In a fakeass American-Midwestern drawl) "Seriously-I'm caucasian because I like White guys-I date them.

ML: *In relief* Oh...your an idiot.Whew! I thought you actually believed your RACE was Caucasian, or at least some Aryan Nation type belief.

X:*with emphasis* I date only white guys. They're really cute.Never African Americans though.

ML: *rolling eyes* What if its a European White guy who speaks crap english with a Scandanavian accent, and isn't cute in the "All American Guy" way?

X: Eh? wazzat?

ML: Fuck that,nevermind. Why not African Americans? Have you ever dat-

X: -man AAs are are nasty, all they think of is "one thing"

At this point, Y from indonesia, who has remained ominously silent at this obvious affront on our sanity, interjects, and I know my day is on the verge of getting really JACKED UP.

Y: yah, don't u know about how all AA males just wanna get with "Azn" chicks?

X: Yes! AAs are obsessed with Azn chicks because Azns are prejudiced towards them due to negative stereotyping in the Mass Media.Basically they want what they can't get. *snigger* *snort*snort*

ML: ...so ur aware of the reason behind it, but wh-

X: *raising her voice* They're nasty. This one time,*launches into American Girl gossip tone* I was in the airport and this AA guy asked me how old I am, I said "19" he said he's 25 and added "Am I old enough for you?". I mean, what a retard!!Thats sick and nasty, ewww!!

ML: ..so, erm..Have you ever dated one?

X: *jamming on the brakes and swerving car* Are you CRAZY?? Ewwww! Never!I've had too many bad experiences to actually consider dating one.They're nasty.

Now here comes the fucked up part.

ML: I've never had a friend who was so openly prejudiced. Thats cool, X, I admire that.

X: yah, they're really nasty

Y: This one time I-

X: *turns up volume and drowns Y's comment to oblivion* I love this song!! Usher is soo hot! *Singing* " Let it burn, Let it burn"*forgets lines, mumbles*

I'm sitting there in my seat wondering why I feel so drained and defeated. Oh wait a minute, I'm feeling that way because thanks to some sick means of human programming, I actually admire X's ability to state her prejudice with no remorse whatsoever.My brain is spinning. Do I actually admire blatant ignorance and abject stupidity on a deeper level? Did I consider this person, who put her prejudice towards AAs right in the open, in front of me, a perceived black person, my friend?How could she be so insensitive? Does ignornace precede stupidity,or do they go hand in hand?
I still don't know the answers to these questions, but one thing was for sure. My day was JACKED UP. I don't know what "jacked up" means exactly, but its certainly fits the feeling the rest of the day had. I suppose the "American Dictionary of Contemporary Slang(soon to be incorporated into Websters as a genuine source for reference of proper English) would define it as:

Jacked Up \'jak-ed 'ep\ v:1 to be totally fucked beyond reasonable doubt 2: an inconvinient situation e.g- "Dat nigga come from one real jacked up hood"

I'm still confused about everything,and my confusion is the most worrying part! I uncounciously put myself at odds with...well, myself. When my buddy rZedent asked "So, have you deleted her yet", I was caught unawares. The kinda thought that makes a bad guy in the movies stop dead in his tracks and ask his henchmen" Wait a minute? Why didn't I rape AND kill *insert hero's* entire family?Lets go back and finish it up."

I blame this on America.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home